Set A GEM REFRACTOMETER + DESKTOP POLARISCOPE + LOUPESKU:
Regular Price $178.20
Model : Set A
Set A is a great combination of high quality devices and tools. Premium set includes Desktop Polariscope with Built-in LED, Refractometer with Built-in Light Source and Index Oil, and a Jeweler's 10x & 20x Chrome Plated Loupe all in one package.
(1) Desktop Polariscope with Built-in LED (GS-PS1):
The polariscope is an instrument specially design for analyzing and viewing gemstones. This is also use to check if the gemstone is doubly or singly refractive. Supplied 2 glass rotatable filters, this portable polariscope is very useful in identifying moissanite, detecting strain diamonds and other gems and separating synthetic amethyst from genuine.
The sturdy metal housing is composed of two quality polarizing filters and clear glass lenses which can be rotated freely. The Polariscope GI-PS1 has an ac-powered built-in light source that provides long lasting ideal illumination. A complete instructions is provided for fast and easy installation and it comes with an adaptor for UK or US or Europe or Australia system and a detachable power cable that can be easily replaced when you have to.
- Upper Polariscope Glass Filter
- Rotatable Glass Sample Plate
- Interference Ball
- Detachable Power Cable
- Dimensions : 195mm x 155mm x 90mm
- Weight: 750g
- Temperature: 10-35¢XC
- Power Input: 110V-220V 50Hz
- English User Manual
- Detachable Power Cable
- Adaptor for Australia, UK or US or Europe system
- Switching on the lamp and rotate the upper polarizing filter until the right position is obtained to get the maximum illumination wherein the field should not be completely dark
- Place the stone over the rotatable sample plate. It can be held by hand or by pincers and
- Observe the brightness of the stone as it changes while completing the 360° rotation.
Warranty: 2 years warranty
(2) Gemological Refractometer with Built-in Light Source + RI Fluid (Index Oil) (GR-701):
The GR-701, commonly known as Gemstone Refractometer, is the primary and most powerful tool in identifying and authenticating polished precious and semiprecious gemstones and also observing the optical properties and the structure of gemstones. This model is just as good as the expensive models used in gemological institutes, it has a built-in light source and with the aid of the Contact liquid (RI Fluid), which creates an optical contact between the glass and the gemstone, you can measure or test the Refractive Index of faceted stones, its transparency or opacity, and its beauty, durability and scarcity.
The refractive index (RI) of a gemstone provides the single most important piece of information to a gemologist seeking to identify an unknown stone. Due to its chemical composition and crystallization structure, each gem has a typical refractive index. In fact, you can also use this tool to measure R.I. for many minerals in crystal form as long as the crystals have a flat and polished face. Through these parameters, you can determine whether the gem is a Single Refraction (Isotropic) or Double Refraction (Anisotropic or Birefringence).
GR-701 offers you the worry-free, light and easy way to identify and/or authenticate your most precious gemstones.
- Convenient & easy to carry
- With built-in light source that makes it a carry-and-use-it-anywhere device
- Comes with Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) that let itself adjust to the climate
- A bottle of Refractive Index Fluid is provided
- Approved by strict quality and safety standards
- Undoubtedly durable and very reliable
- Measuring Range: 1.30 €“ 1.81 RI
- Minimum Graduation (RI): 0.01 RI
- Illumination: Internal illumination with momentary switch
- Size: 35mm x 63mm x 115mm
- Scale Division: 0.01 nD
- Weight: 0.4 kg
- Ranges of Application: Laboratory, Gemology
- Filter: Polarizing filter
- Power Source: 1.5V x3 button batteries
- Open the upper cover then wash the gem and prism with alcohol.
- Lay the instrument on the worktable. Drop a little bit of special refractive oil onto the surface of prism and press it by a thin glass bar. (Be sure not too much or too little)
- Make sure the ground surface of gem to be measured is close to the prism, press it again lightly, let the refractive oil be evenly distributed between the two surfaces then close the upper cover.
- Press the light momentary switch, make sure that the internal light source is turned on when testing.
- Move the eyepiece up and down and adjust the diopter accordingly. By this time you can see a light/dark boundary in the viewing field. The gradation (shade) on which the boundary located is called the refractive index of gem.
- Remove the polarizer. Turn it onto eyepiece. Then turn the polarizer lightly. You can only read the refractive index value in one direction at a time because the polarizer only allows the light vibrated in one direction to pass through.
- Turn the polarizer through 90°, you can measure the refractive index value of the light vibrated at right angles to that mentioned above.
- Turn the gem in the same direction through small degree then turn the polarizer lightly according to above method, you can read the two refractive index values of the light vibrated at right angles to each other.
- Operate continuously until the gem is at 180° position to its initial position. From a number of groups of measured refractive index values you can find the maximum and minimum refractive index. The difference between the two values is the birefringence of gem.
- After measurement, remove any dirt from the refractometer's housing (casing) then clean the prism and the gem with alcohol to remove the refractive oil on it.
- Put back the refractometer into the box for protection.
- Remove the Battery from the Battery compartment if you are planning on not using the Refractometer for a long period of time to prevent leaks or molds that can damage your device.
- Small Vial of 1.800 Refractive Index Oil
- Polarizing Filter
- 1.5V x3 button batteries
- Pouch Case
- Refractometer Index Reference List (For 77 common gemstones, i.e. Calcite, Jadeite, Quartz etc.)
- English User's Manual
- Packaging: Pouch Case
Warranty: 2 years warranty (24 months)
(3) 2-in-1 Chrome Plated 10x and 20x Jeweler's Loupe (MG-22181):
Made with precision, HEAVY DUTY, HIGH QUALITY and one of the most important tools used to inspect gemstones and other jewelry. With its special OPTICAL GLASS with 10x & 20x powerful magnification lenses, objects appear to be larger and reveal tiny details that couldn't seen with normal vision even the very smallest detail into sharp focus such as tiny crystals, trace minerals, grain surfaces, and microfossils. It comes with a Cushioned Sturdy storage case for protection and ease of carrying anywhere.
Usage & Applications:
It can be used in a number of different industries, notably in jewelry trade, photography, printing, laboratories, etc. Used for many soldering applications to inspect a printed circuit board with small surface components on it, to carefully analyze how ink lays on paper while register film separations to one another, to check registration of colors, estimate dot-gain, and diagnose issues with roller pressure and chemistry based on the shape of individual dots and rosettes, and to review, edit or analyze negatives and slides on a light table, for viewing the ground glass image to aid focusing, for a real close-up inspection of Gems, Diamonds and Minerals, circuit board films, reading fine prints, stamps, jewelry and coins, photos, aid to collectors, scientists, hobbyists, and antiques or any other small intricate items.
Have our MG-22181, a lightweight, powerful magnifier that has impeccable optics where distortion & color problems are corrected and is easy to use. Get the best for demanding jobs!
- Uses OPTICAL GLASS
- With 10x & 20x magnification
- With 2 diameter options, 18mm & 12mm
- Durable & built to last long, indeed a value for your money device
- Complete with FREE sturdy carrying case with cushioned compartments that fits the device perfectly, an added protection for the device.
- 2 Loupes in 1 Folding
- 10x magnification 18mm Diameter
- 20x magnification 12mm Diameter
- Length when completely Closed: 2 inches
- Sturdy carrying case with cushioned compartments
Warranty: 2 years warranty (24 months)